Friday, October 1, 2010

Blog #12

Debrief & Reflect on Price’s “The Plastic Pink Flamingo” timed write. Use the Debrief & Reflection handout in the Blog Locker.  

Self-Check:
1.  Have you answered the prompt?  Yes, I have answered the prompt.
2.  Look at your introduction P – do you have a clear thesis statement that discusses how and why Rodriguez uses contrasts?  Yes, I have a clear thesis statement.
3.  Is your essay focused and unified around a central theme or idea? Do your paragraphs link together and build on each other?  Yes, they are focused on a central theme and my paragraphs link together.
4.  Have you focused on 1-2 ways that Rodriguez “built the house”? Have you developed 1-2 ideas fully, or have you instead tried to cover too many things?  I developed 1 to 2 ideas fully and did not try to cover too many things. 
5.  Does your essay include a variety of specific, textual details and quotations to support your main point, or have you only vaguely explained your analysis?  I did include a variety of specific, textual details snd quotations to support my main point but I feel like there should have been more.  

Reflection:
1.  What went well?  I used examples from the text.    
2.  What did not go well?  I feel like I may have explained the wrong idea and ended abruptly.
3.  If given more time, what would you add or change in your essay?  I would change the idea that I focused on  and try a different viewpoint. 
4.  Did the organization of your essay turn out how you originally planned it? If not, what caused you to make changes?  It turned out the same as I originally planned it. 
5.  What additional insights about the text came to you as you were writing?  I realized that the pink flamingo did not only make American culture appear gaudy or disrespectful, it showed our fun-loving joyful side as well. 
6. What do you need to do differently for tomorrow’s timed write?  I need to organize my essay better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment