Monday, August 16, 2010

Blog #2


Fiction is my number one friend when it comes to books. I automatically gravitate to pages that are filled with words of a whole new world that can never exist in real life. But I have managed to pick up a few non-fiction works:



The Bible

A Homemade Life

Founding Brothers

Nutrition and Fitness

Amy Carmichael


The Bible is a history of the Jews--God's people--the life of Jesus Christ, and his disciples. It basically teaches the philosophy that everyone is a sinner that deserves to go to hell, but God died to take the punishment that we deserve for our sins, and rose from the dead and is alive in heaven to meet those who believe in him. Those who believe this philosophy will go to heaven and escape the punishment they deserve.

A Homemade Life is a beautiful book of true stories based on the author's (Molly Wizenberg) cooking experiences. She incorporates her love of food and culinary arts with memorable moments from her life to create extremely interesting stories. Reading this book got me started on reading her blog: Orangette. I now have a whole new bunch of delicious recipes in my repertoire, along with some wonderful tales to read.

Nutrition and Fitness is a topic of great interest to me. I want to be a dietician someday, and this book is one of the many of its kind that I have managed to gobble up and digest thoroughly! It discusses why it's important to eat healthy, and the bad affect unhealthy lifestyles have on your body.

THE END :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alicia! Can I borrow the cooking book!?!? Or does teh library have it?!

    ReplyDelete